Friendly Little Kitchen is a personal blog written and edited by me, and all opinions are my own. All content, including written posts, photos and logo, shared on Friendly Little Kitchen has been produced and is owned by myself unless otherwise stated. Please link back and credit Friendly Little Kitchen if you share content on another publication, and to request permission for commercial use, please email me at email@example.com.
Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Friendly Little Kitchen may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11th September 2015.
What is collected
The following information may be collected:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What is done with the information gathered
This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve the offering, products and services.
- To occasionally send promotional emails including information that may be of interest.
- To occasionally contact you for market research purposes, whereby the results may be used to customise the website according to your interests.
To ensure your information is secure and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures are put in place to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Traffic log cookies are used on Friendly Little Kitchen to identify which pages are being used. This helps analysis of data about web page traffic and guides improvements to the website in order to tailor to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help provide you with a better website, by enabling monitoring which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Some advertisers on Friendly Little Kitchen occasionally serve you cookies as well. Friendly Little Kitchen does not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page.
- For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
Link to other websites
Friendly Little Kitchen may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, Friendly Little Kitchen does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sponsored posts will be clearly marked, written by me and only contain my personal opinion. Any compensation received will not influence my opinion.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to Friendly Little Kitchen using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friendly Little Kitchen will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless your permission has been provided or it is required by law.
Mailchimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by Mailchimp Inc. Personal data collected will not be sold, distributed, used for third party marketing material, or used for any other purpose than stated. When joining the Friendly Little Kitchen mailing list, you acknowledge to receive Friendly Little Kitchen newsletters and can opt out at any time.